Continuing Education Credits for Wood Badge ?

Has there ever been an initiative to get Wood Badge (or any other Adult Leader training) certified through the Project Management Institute (PMI) that are required for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (i.e. 60 credits every 3 years) - or for any other non-Scouting organization (i.e. PDU's, Continuing Education Credits, etc.)

I received my PMP designation last year and in attending the practical WB course this summer, was surprised and encouraged to see how much of the training touched on things covered in corporate training courses. With that, it seems like there is an opportunity to pursue having that WB practical time, or a subset of the time (I don't expect the full 60-70+ hours over "learning" the 2 weekends to count for it... but?) certified as eligible for these credits.

Thanks!

Kyle Baker, PMP

"I used to be an Eagle..." C-25-08

The old WB course did have continueing education credits attached to it. With all the changes that occurred with WB21C, I wanted to make sure that CEs were still given asI would get some credits for my job. When I asked this question this past weekend to a course director, i was told " When I asked regional they said they would get back to me on it and I haven't heard from them again."

Hopefully it is certified for CEs or wil be shortly.

This is my understanding from having heard the question asked a few years back.

This may or may not be correct.

To be able to issue CEUs for Wood Badge (or for any program, actually) a fee must be paid to some certifying agency.

Apparently, in the past the use of WB for CEUs was never very high, and wasn't high enough to justify the cost to the BSA to get WB as a properly certified CEU.

So this was quietly dropped several years back (maybe before 21CWB).

So AFAIK, you can't get CEUs for WB now.