I ran into a friend of yours this weekend. Bob Higgins was one of the instructors at the Wilderness First Aid Course I attended through our Council. Sitting around the campfire late Saturday night, we started talking about High Adventure, and he mentioned the sea kayaking at Savannah. I said I knew someone on the internet from Penn. who did that last summer, and he said "Eamonn?" I just got through viewing a couple hundred photos of your trip - get some sun on those legs! :-) Bob wanted to know if you needed any more grits? He'd be happy to send them your way! :-)

Having just come in from "Our Big Long Walk".

Yes even though I hate the cold and don't like winter!! Rory still expects his BLW.

Today the cold was just nasty 4 degrees with winds of 18 MPH. We walk about five miles everyday!!

Thinking back to last summer and the warm days does provide some relief.

Bob and Gus are two really nice Scouter's!!

Bob was a little worried about our female Scouts. But everything worked out well.

Both Bob and I were really taken back when we seen how quickly the two groups came together. In less than a day it seemed like they had known each other and worked together for a very long time.

Last I heard one of the Scouts from Bob's Troop was returning to Blue Heron, along with two Sea Scouts from our Ship. One male and one female!!

Having seen the photos you can see why Her Who Must Be Obeyed tells everyone I have sexy knees!

I did invite him to join us this year in North Carolina. But it seems they are doing part of the Appalachian Trail.

If you bump into him again you might tell him that I'm still finding all the packets of grits that were hidden in my car and packs.

He really is good people.

The Sea Kayaking at Blue Heron is a real nice summer activity -Better this year with two Sea Scouts on staff!!

Ea.