Wood Badge and a goal for work

I am registered to start Wood Badge next month. At work I have a goal of attending a "time management/organizational skills" course or seminar. Do you think attending Wood Badge would satisfy this? If so does anyone have a copy of a syllabus that shows where this is covered?

Thanks,

Robert

Having been on staff and having a copy of the syllabus, I can tell you that there is a little bit of time management (as in a "7 Habits" type course) and a little bit of organizational skills, but not engough get credit at work. Wood Badge is more about leadership, dealing with people and scouting in general. Be prepared to be immersed in scouting as a particiapant. Have fun and get the most out of it that you can!

Is this a self-imposed work goal? Or something that your job is asking of you? Much of it would depend on what exactly you are looking for with those goals. In WB, you will get a lot of things that help more with people management skills, project management, how to lead and teach more effectively. Now, all those things can certainly help you learn how to manage your time more effectively and how to hopefully get the best efforts from those around you. While you could look at the syllubus, I'd really advise against it. It would take away from the discovery experience for you in your own course IMO.

Thanks, Avid Just trying to double dip, and to avoid a day out of the office for another training class, work related. Figured that would be the answer, but had to ask.

Sue, this is assigned goal. One of five that counts towards a bonus. The only reason I was asking for a copy of the syllabus, would be for if it contained any sections that dealt with "time management/organizational skills", they would want proof of that I what was involved in the course, and then they might end up paying for it. If not, this is an expense that I will happily hand over.

Thanks,

Robert