Great site....First post!

As a family we will be traveling to Germany this fall.

It is a rare opportunity to meet with Cub Scouts in Germany.

I have followed many links (including those on USSSP) and sent many emails without response (both in English and German) to some of the German groups. Out of this, I have been able to make contact with the Assistant Scout Executive with Transatlantic Council, BSA. He is in the process of hooking us up with some of the American groups in Germany to meet with during our vacation. Now I just need to make contact with a German unit.

Besides being a great opportunity to share the brotherhood of International Scouting, it is also a great way to fulfill a diversity WB ticket item.

If anyone has any info that would help point me in he right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the areas we will be visiting:

Heilbronn

Heidelberg

Stuttgart

Bad Rappenau

Mosbach

Thanks in advance,

Dan

• 1 month later...

Dan

As CC of Pack 1 in Heidelberg, you and your family are more than welcome to join us during your stay. If you have some dates when you will be in Heidelberg, we can see if our schedules will be compatible. We are an American pack, and most of the families are in the military or work for the government in some capacity. I also work for the Transatlantic Council, and the best way to reach me is via my email at work: rmartin@bsamail.org

I look forward to hearing from you.

Robby