I got a dear "den leader" letter

At least she let you know. We have a boy that crossed over in March 04, His dad is an Eagle out of our troop several years ago. He has been to three meetings and one activity. We haven't heard anything from him since July. We have left several messages but none have been returned. When we turn in our recharter we are not going to register him. He has told several of the boys that he is so active with the Drama Club he doesn't have time for scouts.

What we do have to accept is that if a kid it having a hard time is school and struggling Scouting will be the first thing that falls by the way side.

• 3 weeks later...

As other's have said, be thankful you got an explanation and aren't continuing to make plans to have the boy there and him not show.

Also don't give up on him returning to Scouts. My son was in Cubs for two years, dropped out for several years, and then returned to Scouts when he was 12. Since he has gotten back into Scouts, he has gotten to going wide open. Two and a half years later, he is a star scout, been to NYLT, worked as cub day camp staff, went to Jamboree and is planning to be Eagle around his 16th birthday. Be sure to invite the boy to special events occassionally and you may see him reappear. My son went back because of a personal invite from Scoutmaster.