Is skelly good for cubs?

We've considered games such as this for Cub Scouts and the boys have had absolutely no interest in them at all.

Scout young and old just don't seem to like SPAM at all.

;-D

If you've tried board games like skelly on the boys and they haven't taken an interest in them, then I have to accept this -- however, Skelly Vision International, Inc. is a legitimate, registered company which holds the U.S. patent for the game, granted in 1995 -- we are not spammers.

Ah, so this is less a 'will it work in my pack' question than it is a 'what do you think of our product' question?

I think it looks like an OK game that appears to be well made, but $30 seems awfully high for most dens or packs for a game that is basically shuffleboard.

Most packs are looking for ways to use the fewest pieces to play the most games- most have a 'game tub' of bean bags, marbles, etc. and looking for what can you play with this stuff. We know our Scouts get pretty bored with any one game so we value flexibility. I do not see your game offering that.

I suspect any pack that sees your ad will quickly realize that for their purposes, they could make a good equivilant out of a sheet of cardboard and some big washers. They could then use the same washers for a washer toss game, magic tricks, Genius Kit, and more. Heck, your own website tells us how to make the game out of chalk and bottlecaps!

(PS- you would have avoided the Spam remark had you been a little more clear that this was a commercial more than a question!)

Actually, I didn't make my initial post on this forum to sell anything. The fact is that my company doesn't have any game units immediately available to sell right now. That's our big problem and it's also why our Web site says that we're taking orders from institutions and not the general public -- because institutions are usually willing to wait long periods for delivery of the product but private individuals are not. The Web page has an order form on the Product Description page for the convenience of past institutional customers and potentially new customers but I've been charged with gathering a verifiable list of persons (a petition of sorts) -- of people who say they would buy the game if it was available, or even say that the game is simply worthwhile as a manufactured product, because we need this data to show either a demand or a favorable response from the public for our product. By the way, I agree that $30 is too expensive and I'll be addressing that to the company owner in our next meeting but I'm not asking you to buy anything.

In the ten years this company has been in existence, many game units have been sold to institutions and I don't know why the cash flow has fallen far below what we need to pay for the re-tooling and production for our next 10,000 units -- I've been with the company for only two months and so this situation was dropped onto my lap.

I have a request:

Is there a scout master in this forum who could show our product (as shown on our Web site) to twenty cub scouts and get a response by a show of hands on "would you try this game at least once if you happened to be stuck indoors one day?" This information is all I'd like to get out of this forum, not a sale -- that's also why our order form is not on the main page, instead, a form that asks for a show of support is on the main page. Let's see how the cookie crumbles with twenty cubs, please.

The link I placed at the start of this thread has been removed by a moderator because it was deemed to be a commercial sales pitch. I'll wait a couple of days to see if that moderator's edit is reversed -- if not, I'll re-post my request for a cub scout survey in the area reserved for issues related to commercial sites, even though I'm not trying to sell anything to Boy Scout organizations at this time.

Because of the price point of the product, and because of what the product really IS, I think I'd approach this differently if I were you.

Rather than youth groups with small pockets, I think I'd aim at schools, especially about 2nd to 4th grades. Contact a few schools around the country, send the class a free sample of the game, and let them play it in return for completing a survey.

Before you do this, if you have not already, I'd also have some sample lesson plans written up on how to use the game in class. Teachers really like that.

Good luck!