Flag Football Rules

Can anyone suggest some simple flag football rules or a site where I can find them. Most of what I have found on line seems a little complicated and involved.

I guess I could just come up with some on my own using what I have found but if someone else has already done this I would appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Around here most of the cubs already know the basic rules of football. Try to go with as few rules as possible.

Some rule ideas

Four downs to make a touchdown, especially good on a smaller than regulation field.

After a score the ball is drop kicked or thrown from goal line and played from where it is recovered again small field idea

Four Mississippi before the rush (one man rush?)

Thats all I got for now

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

I would add to AK-Eagle's simple rules:

- no QB sneak unless being rushed.

- no tackling (sometimes they would tackle and then take the flag out).

- p for k (pass for kick) kickoff in small field.

I hate to be a spoilsport, but from the G2SS comes the following

Varsity football teams and interscholastic or club football competition and activities are unauthorized activities.

Now, I realize Flag Football is a far cry from Varsity football, but the phrase ...club football competition and activities..." gives me to pause, would Flag Football be included? Just for your own sake, I would clear it with the DE first.

OGE, Flag Football is still part of the Cub Scout Sports and Academics Program as of the 2002 revision (the book that I have). However, I think the book was revised again after I purchased it, so I don't know if the newer revision still has Flag Football. Good suggestion to call the DE.

CM Bill, if this is still part of Cub Scouts Sports and Academics, then if you can get a copy of the Flag Football page from this book, it has the rules, the official's signals, and the field layout--all simple. It also provides a section on additional resources. By playing and learning the rules, a Cub can earn his beltloop and pin.