What a great week! First day camp, first fundraiser with Cubs.

Hi! My name is Laurie, and this past year is my first experience with Cubs. I am the Assistant Cubmaster with our pack as well as a committee member with our troop.

I went to a pre-day camp meeting: a time to pick up tee-shirts, review or complete health forms, and verify the roster. I ended up pitching in and helping out, and by the end of the night was the Tot Lot Manager. I took my 2-yr-old daughter to camp along with my Boy Scout son; she stayed with me while my older son was very involved as a runner, tot lot helper, and wherever an extra hand was needed. My Cub son had a blast--felt this was THE BEST week of his life :)

We then had a carwash fundraiser Saturday morning, and the very same boys and leaders who were at camp all week were the only one whos attended and worked the carwash. We raised FUNDS and had FUN--a great morning! I'm so proud of these boys, though I'm disappointed that we see the same faces regularly. We've been invited to come back (we were in a senior residential development) monthly to do the carwash. These boys worked hard and made a good impression.

Then, 3 of them headed to one of the boys' homes for a camping birthday party in the backyard. Today, we actually have some quiet time in our family, but that won't last long. It's time to get my older son ready for his first summer camp trip with Boy Scouts.

I loved Scouting before, but I've been webmaster, paper pusher, and mostly not involved with the boys. This week my love for Cubs grew in ways I couldn't have anticipated!

Just wanted to introduce my wordy self to you all :)

For the boys,

Laurie

Hi Laurie

I don't know where you are located, but if you want to move into my District, we sure would love to have your enthusiasm.

Anyone who can manage Totlot and still smile is worth their weight in gold.

Come to think of it with so many trips to Camp my car needs a good wash, maybe its time for me to start thinking about a senior living village ?

Welcome to the forums.

Scouting is all the better for having Cubscouters who enjoy Scouting as much as the boys do.

Thank you so much--what a nice thing for you to say! I am located in the same state as you as part of the Cradle of Liberty Council. Anything that makes the boys--my own and any of the Cubs--happy and proud makes me believe my time was well spent. To be part of that is what prompted me to be a leader. Thanks again for the nice welcome :)