Horseback adventure

I am our troop's summer camp coordinator, and have 10 boys who are wanting to go on a horseback trip next summer. They all have their horsemanship badges, and most have completed the Wrangler program at Ransburg Scout Reservation. I'd really like to find something with a base camp, but that isn't a deal breaker. The Smoky Mountains would be great, or the Rockies. So far all I can find is Philmont or another one in New Mexico. Any ideas?

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

If you scroll to near the bottom of this page.

You ought to come to the :

NetCompass Categories

Click on the where to go.

I found a couple of camps that offer horseback activities for older scouts. But I was looking for Super activities.

Many years back we did a pony trekking / Youth Hosteling trip in Wales, but that's a little far away!!

Hope this helps.

Eamonn.

I have not been on Buffalo Trails Scout Ranch's (West Texas) Calvacade ... only its base camp; however, after talking to some of the participants this year, they love it! It's a week long horseback calvacade trip for high adventure folks! From our experience, West Texas' weather is unpredictable! The week before ours, the heat was on (102 to 103). Last week, it was wonderful (75-80). If you want great calvacade weather, the Rockies will probably have the best!

1Hour