Looking for a high quality portable grill..any suggestions?

Hello all! I am new here. I am about to head out on a road trip this summer and me and some friends are planning on camping out quite alot. Throughout the years ive bought flimsy grills, even when under the assumption I had something of decent quality. I do however remember these rigs that the Scout leaders would break out on camping trips when I was younger and in scouts. I remember those things doing great. Every where I look Im pointed in the direction of coleman or the like which i know is a decent product but i remember these things looking professional and no matter how bad the wind was they got pots of water boiling and whatnot. So I figured of all places to ask this would hopefuly have a decent turnout of good responses of places to look around as i dont know what brand to look and find myself looking all day at different things not realy knowing what might be better than another. Anyone with firsthand experience with a particular brand and can share that would be great! Well, either way, thanks for reading! =) take care!

o yea. and by the way. im looking for something with relatively large cooking area as ill be doing things such as boiling large pots of things at the same time as grilling and whatnot. every search i do comes up with very small portable grills and whatnot. im basicaly looking for something on the larger side. any help is greatly appreciated!

Well, it depends on whether you're looking for a portable grill or are actually looking for a portable stove.

For general use, there are plenty of propane stoves that would fit the bill. It's all opinion based on experience, but I've used the Coleman stove and one from Sears, and they both survived pretty well for a number of years.

If you're looking for a white gas stove, I'd go for the Coleman. I haven't even seen another manufacturer of white gas stoves for quite awhile. There are a number of models available, some that can burn multiple fuels.

If you're really looking for a portable grill, about a year ago I picked up a Weber portable grill that runs off of propane welding cartridges that can be picked up at any hardware store. Kind of pricy at about $110, but it works really well (at least the few times I've had an opportunity to use it)

Camp Chef makes a 2 & 3 burner propane stove. We have a 2 burner in our Troop & love it. The summer camp we attend has the 3 burner and they work great!

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10