I've been looking around various sites...but haven't found anything published.

Has anyone seen what the med staff at Jambo will consist of.

I assumed that the Military covered that before, but with them gone, I'm wondering if there is a heavy reliance on local medical services.

E61,

To the best of my knowledge the military never took care of the Scouts while at Fort A P Hill. There has always been a full contingent of medical staff at jamborees. Here is the link to the flier my council put out from the national office seeking volunteers. These folks will not be paid, and in fact have to pay a volunteer fee to attend the jamboree.

http://www.glcscouting.org/jamboree/pdf/JamboMedStaff.pdf

On the flier is a list of names and contacts for each department.

Military had first responders stationed around the site, but the regional medical facilities were staffed by volunteers and absolutely top notch. The couple times I interacted with them (all very minor stuff) they were on it like white on rice. If you were going to stroke-out, short of the parking lot of a trauma center, jamboree was probably the best place to do it.

Sorry, E61, you'll have to find fault elsewhere.

I think one of the ER docs at my hospital staffed jambo back in the day, but don't quote me on it. But I definitely know two folks on med staff, one a PA, the other I think is a RNP, but he may have been a PA too. both are top quality and would trust my life with. heck the ER DID have my life in his hands a few months back.

On a different note, at first I was happy to see medical information technologist as sometimes that is what med librarians are called. But I think they mean coders though.

Oh well.

Forgot to add, looking at the the folks they are recruiting, it looks like they are setting up medical clinics and not just a physicians office. You don't have biomed, RPhs, and and a few others in a doctor's office, or even an immediate care.

But you do have at ERs.