We have a fair amount of kids visit and over the years have had all sorts of activities in the back yard and grounds.

After the first couple of minutes and having checked everyone out the dogs tend to ignore all the visitors and get on with doing doggie type things.

We have one Sea Scout who spends a fair amount of time working on the boats he carries dog treats in his pockets.

They don't ignore him as much.

I wonder why?

Dogs are like kids -Will work for food!

Ea.

Now, if you camp on the den level as Webelos...and everybody in the den is very familiar with and freindly with eiter the DL's dog through holding den meetings at the DL's house or any other way in which all members of the den are very familiar to the dog...I do not see a problem with it. ESpecially if the dog is like a den mascot.

My only issue is that one kid who will somehow unwittingly discove one of the dogs annoyances or somethinmg the dog just hates ...and then continues doing that ...even if they are unaware of it irritating the dog.

Myself, I also have a male weiner dog that just doesn't like men besides myself. Not sure why. He loves women but not men.

WEll, you always have that one person who thinks they are the next dog whispere and that all animal love him/her just because they like anim,als.

Sorry, you may be great with animals and you may have a great attitude. But the problem is, MY DOG has a crappy attitude towards men..... REGARDLESS OF HOW YOU FEEL OR THINK!

So , even my basset/blue tick mix...who has never met a stranger so far...could possibly meet that one person who rubs him wrong..and something bad happens.

It might not even be the dog's or anybody elses fault, but something still could hyappen.

If that ain't a damper while camping..I don't know what is!