If a tent falls down in the woods.........

What do the boys do?

Back in the early 70s our troop used a BSA tent with a single pole, no floor, guy line over the door and grommets for stakes around the edge and I think a snap front, maybe it was tied, I want to say it was called an Explorer. My only real proablem with it was my feet usually ended up outside the tent by morning.

What really bugged me was when the wind and rain came up somebodys tent would fall down and they would just move in on me, kinda strange to go asleep alone and wake up with two others in your tent. It never crossed my mind to do such a thing, if your tent starts falling down it's time to go put it back up. I didn't mind sharing a tent, just seemed I was the designated odd man out for the unit.

Could you be thinking of the Voyegeur? A two-person A-frame canvas tent with a pole front and back and guylines that run from each peak?

If your tents fell down my guess is that one of the stakes came out. Even back then most of our guylines were fairly high strength nylon cord.

No broken ropes just poorly placed stakes, and maybe some hooliganisum.

Definatly, just one pole, no ridge line, did have a line or two at the back to keep the tent off your feet, sorta. Ropes were natural fiber. Tent was of light canvas, might still have weighed over ten pounds. Only place you could sit up was right next to the pole, a three or four section aluminum job, do remember they would store inside each other if not bent up. These had some use on them when I first saw them in 1971, could be as old as 1965.

After using my Clip Flashlight by SD I would not want to go back except for nistalga reasons.