Logistics for Isle Royale

This does not directly answer your question (or indirectly for that matter!). Our troop recently went to Mackinac Island and met a park range from Isle Royale. Her experience with BSA on the island was very negative, not very observant of LNT in her eyes. Of all of the campers who come to Isle Royale, the Scouts are the worst (her opinion). Please help to change that! Please educate your troop in Leave No Trace before you go!

I just returned from a BSA camp and was appalled at all of the styrofoam, candy wrappers, pop cans, etc. all over. We need to do a better job in this area.

slontwovvy,

I don't have personal experience, but a troop I used to be associated with had a crew go there. I think I could get you an email address and you could ask them your questions. Feel free to send me a private message. I have seen both of the leaders in the last few weeks. I am sure they would be willing to help you.

Hi,

We just hiked Isle Royale this past summer. Two groups of seven with reserved group campsites throughout our trek.

We took the Isle Royale Queen III out of Copper Harbor, MI, landed at Rock Harbor on the island, and made a circle route.

I'm in Green Bay, so we're not too far apart. If I can help further, let me know. I'll be happy to reply to an email or we could get together sometime to talk about it over a cup of coffee.

YIS...

• 2 weeks later...