Dilemma for the Uniform Police on Number Colors

In our pack, all the Cub Scouts wear the red numbers. The pack provides the custom unit number. The troop provides a custom unit number in green on tan, but only does that when the Scouts cross the bridge, so there's not too much danger of the Cub Scouts getting their hands on them in advance. Using the custom unit numbers definitely makes for less sewing.

Trust me I know what should be worn now. But when the CUs came out, everyone in them wore tan and greens. The information was so poorly communicated as to who wore what, that when I heard rumours that CS leaders were to still wear red and whites

Eagle92,

We ran into the same confusing predicament in our Council, but we realize this was a blunder by National. While the policy has now been clarified, we still have Cub Leaders and Webelos in our Council that have wear both colors. Overall, no one really makes an issue of it. IMHO, as long the Webelos boys within a Pack are using the same colors together it really does not matter.

I know a couple of leaders that work with Pack and Troop sharing the same unit number. In this case, I see them choosing to wear the green numbers over the white. They can use the same uniform shirt between programs and simply change out the shoulder loops.

Eagle, if you are truly reformed, then let your son decide and don't give it another thought. Boy led, right?

I've got some that refuse to give up the red epaulets, it's their prerogative.

What will "they" do if he goes green? LOL.

Everyone should lean to overlook the little stuff. Shirt? Pants? Shoes, not sandals? (right),

Good to go.

I get cracked on because one knot is backwards. Give it a rest! Go do some EDGE on s'mores, it'll all be good.