Adult wearing Eagle medal question

kenzabel - the Eagle ribbon; are you referencing the Eagle rank patch (assume you are not), the red, white and blue square knot or the Eagle Award (medal suspended from scroll)?

Like the FSU alum states, the Eagle Award is worn by adults only on formal Eagle occasions, adults wear the square knot if they have earned the Eagle rank in their youth. (This message has been edited by a staff member.)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Like the FSU alum states"

Hehe. made me laugh. But yeah, my immediate family (including spouses) has a total of 13 bachelors, masters and JDs (not to mention two CPAs due to the degrees) from FSU across 8 graduates.

And to follow-up, for everyday uniform use, the youth have the oval rank patch, the adults have the square knot.

Maybe we should be in touch with FSU chapter of Alpha Pi Omega and see if they can establish a special version of the Community Organization Award with a Garnet background in lieu of the navy blue. It looks too USNA for me. Garnet and Gold would be better.

"Maybe we should be in touch with FSU chapter of Alpha Pi Omega and see if they can establish a special version of the Community Organization Award with a Garnet background in lieu of the navy blue."

Its Alpha Phi Omega.

And the COA knot is gold on purple, not navy blue. I know, as I wear one.