My son got back for NAYLE on Saturday. When he received the recognition patch he was told that when the NYLT patch is worn on the right pocket that the NAYLE patch can be worn above the pocket where the jamboree patch goes. This strikes me as odd. The only rational I can think of is that it is a "national" event as opposed to regional or council. Has anyone else heard of this? As he was leaving for to staff NYLT that evening I allowed him to put it there, but I'd rather it not stay there if it really shouldn't. I must say it does look a bit impressive though.

Thank you.

From the Director of NAYLE:

Actually, the only patch that can be worn above the right pocket is a Jamboree patch. The NAYLE patch is considered a temporary patch and can only be worn on the right pocket.

There's a nice training opportunity.

"I know that with the new uniform there will be a new uniform insignia guide coming out."

Why should the new uniform necessitate a new insignia guide? Pretty much everything will stay where it currently is. The only change in position I am aware of is for the trained strip.

They put out a 'new' insignia guide about every year. I collect them, and not much changes from year to year. (biggest change in recent years was adding the color back page with most of the knots).

"From the Director of NAYLE:

Actually, the only patch that can be worn above the right pocket is a Jamboree patch. The NAYLE patch is considered a temporary patch and can only be worn on the right pocket.

There's a nice training opportunity."

That, of course, brings in to question who told your son it could be worn there, plus the staff wearing it there...

(of course, in one council I work with, a lot of people are wearing the good turn for america patch above the right pocket...)