The Order of the Fork

I have heard of "the Order of the Fork from old summer camp days and I know their is a "spoof Knot" too.

Does anyone have any other info on it?

Songs?

Ceremonies?

Memories?

There is a member of our District who has supported District, OA and numerous Troop events by cooking and serving fantastic meals. She has been recognized with the official awards, but we want to give her something that applies to her talents directly. This seems to fit the bill.

Any Help?

Thanks!

The link to the canadian site has nothing to do with the OotF that I know of.

The Order is a silly group that exists in some councils/lodges in the south, mainly in Georgia and the Carolinas.

It has nothing to do with recognizing people who are good cooks.

AFAIK, its just meant to be a silly group within the OA. You also have to be inducted into the group by other members of the group, usually at a sectional event or the like.

When my section was enlarged to include several Georgia lodges, they tried to continue OotF stuff at our Sectional events. It didn't get too far...

There motto is "EAEOOS ILTTROU".

"EAEOOS ILTTROU"?

OK, please translate, I must be missing something?

I have found a lot of references to the OotF in old camp songs and such, but nothing else.

What was this group in the south about Mike?

"Each and Every One of Us Is Loyal To the Rest of Us"

Part of the OofF song.

http://listserv.tcu.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind9504&L=scouts-l&P=126398

While I was 'inducted' in the group, it never was big in my section. Most of what I know is what I've read elsewhere. I do have a small brochure on it somewhere, along with a knot and flap. It was really big in the OA sections of georgia and the carolinas, especially in what's known as the 'Dixie Fellowship'.

The only time I've ever seen an induction to the OotF was at Summer Camp, Camp Chiwanakee, CA. 1973-1975.

The motto, oath and the song are relatively the same. I still remember the "initiation" of the members, now considered hazing. Each new member had a choice. They could suck down a raw egg or munch down a half cup of dehydrated onions.

About half lost thier initiates meal immediately. Nice presentation during meal times I must say.