Easy Marketing

The Sea Scouts traveling to Georgia choose to wear their working uniform for the trip.

I admit that I thought that they looked good in their chambray shirt embroidered with the Sea Scout BSA logo, with patches sewn on and blue shorts.

It seemed that every time we stopped people would come up to us and ask questions about Sea Scouting.

They seemed a little surprised that we had female Sea Scouts!!

I gave three people the address of the Sea Scout web site.

An older Lad working in a store said that he'd been at the Jambo, but he had reached Eagle Scout and was finished with Scouting. I gave him my "Quartermaster Speech"

The people working in the Welcome Centers, seemed really happy to see the Sea Scouts and when they heard that Zane always gets us lost when he navigates, took the time to go over maps with him.

Maybe it's time we put the Uniform Police to rest and started thinking more about the MP's (Marketing Persons)

Eamonn.

When out in public while wearing my uniform, I've never had any negative comments and usually get some sort of positive response from adults. Still, while first year Scouts still live the wear the Boy Scout uniform (and most Cubs), those pesky teenagers still like to rebel.