Flat-hat lost at Galena

The troop I serve in had adopted the old flat hat or overseas cap as it was called several years ago after my son (then a new 2nd class scout) had seen an Eagle scout at the 50th Grant pilgrimage wearing his grandfathers old scout flat hat.

Long story short; my son got a flat hat and soon other scouts in our troop also wanted them, so began the search and buying of them. Our scouts wear these caps usually for meetings and parades but have been known to wear them anywhere.

My son brought his best one (he had 2, one mint,one a bit worn) to wear in the parade at the pilgrimage as the boys wanted to wear the hats as they arent very common any more and they like how they look.

As it rained just before the parade lined up, my son had put his cap over and around the uniform belt he was wearing while he wore a scout boonie hat to stay a bit drier. As the boys got ready while waiting to step off, my son discovered his cap was missing from his belt. Disappointed? Very, but to his credit he had a good attitude about his loss and even refused the offer of my own cap and wore his boonie while carrying the troop flag.

We had 5 of the 7 scouts I took to Galena wearing the same head gear and received several positve comments to which I would like to say thanks, and if anyone possibly picked up a size large older flat hat with no name(but probably damp), I know a scout who would appreciate hearing from you.