Musician Badge

Does anyone know any details about this badge ? It is worn on the right sleeve, below the patrol patch. The only information I can get is that it is worm if a member of a band or drum corp. I have also seen reference to it being worn as part of a bugle corp

Has anyone ever had a band corp in their troop and had them wear these?

What constitutes a band corp? 3 trumpets that play at courts of honor? Who decides?

Is it left on after the corp has gone somewhat inactive?

If anyone has any details, I would like to hear them?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Some troops have bands of a dozen or more. I don't think the Musician badges are worn much by anybody. Parades used to be a form of entertainment in small towns during my "good old days" (1960s and 1970s); nowadays you just don't see them. I think they were also used for boy-run marching bands at National Jamborees.

Your three musicians would probably be better served by awarding them bugler office badges.

The musician badge can be worn by any scout in a band or bugle corps. Nowharere does it tsay that it has to be a scout band or corps. Think of it like an interpreter strip but for musicians.

The Jamboree Scout Band is not boy-run, but it is a fine all scout band none the less.

BW