What is the official Venturing Uniform For Adults.?

I don't know anything about grandfathering uniforms. I'm just going by what the Insignia Guide says.

It's true that many crews are spawned by chartering organizations using adult leaders experienced in the Boy Scout Program. A crew can, if it chooses, develop their activity program to follow a traditional scouting program. They could chose the BSA Venturing uniform, form patrols, plan an outdoor program, teach scoutcraft skills, emphasize leadership development, work on Venturing's Outdoor Bronze and Ranger awards, etc. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that! The important point is, such a crew program is only one of a vast array of possible programs a crew could develop, not the only one they must follow.

Venturing does not come with an integrated activity program like Boy Scouting comes with its outdoor program or Sea Scouting comes with its nautical program. This seems to be the point most people have trouble with. They want to define a program by what a crew is doing on the surface, rather than what its aims and methods are.

I have no doubt Venturing in "sold" in particular ways. Certain aspects are emphasized to troops, other aspects to religious groups, other aspects to sports clubs, etc. If a crew runs a outdoor program they likely will sell those features to Boy Scouts. A religious youth group crew is probably more interested hearing about activities related to the Religious Life Bronze Award than a 70 mile backpacking expedition at Philmont.

Some councils have a lot of experience with Venturing, others don't. Some have many professionals knowledgeable about Venturing, others few. Peoples understanding and perceptions run the gamut. IMO, a little training could go a long long way toward improving the understanding of Venturing.

JW,

I agree a little training would help, but start it where it belongs at National who are sending pros into the field with little to no knowledge of the program. I feel National is still trying to figure it out. As was pointed out in another thread the leaders manual and the venturer handbook leave a lot to be desired, little useful program info in my opinion. I like what is being asaid in the other thread on "what venturing is or is not". There is a lot of food for thought there.