NEW TROOP IN SEARCH FOR VINTAGE UNIFORMS

HELLO, MY NAME IS TOM, I AM JUST STARTING A NEW TROOP IN MICHIGAN. WE ARE FROM A VERY POOR COMMUNITY. WE DECIDED TO CREAT A VINTAGE SCOUT TROOP MANILY BECAUSE ALL OF OUR EQUIPMENT IS FROM THE LOCAL SCOUT TROOP AND IS FROM THE 1960'S SO WE ARE IN SEARCH OF VINTAGE BOYSCOUT SHIRTS PANTS ETC. FOR 10 BOYS AND THREE LEADERS. IF ANYONE HAS A OLD SHIRT NEW STYLE OR OLD PLEASE MAIL TO TOM MILES, 10061 SWISS DRIVE, REED CITY MICHIGAN, 49659. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

While I can understand the need for uniforms. I do admit to thinking that most adults can given a little time get their own.

I also question why a troop would want to go with Vintage Uniforms?

If the equipment is from the 1960's, it has served it's useful lifespan and is ready to be replaced.

As a troop with only ten Scouts, I would be spending my time building up the troop, looking to the future not playing with some idea of a Scouting Reenactment. The little guys who cross over next spring will hopefully already be wearing the tan shirt. Your goal is to make them feel as welcome and become a part of the troop as quickly as possible.

I strongly suggest you drop this foolishness and get on the ball with the running of the troop. Maybe a couple of fund raising events that would enable everyone to get a new uniform.

Eamonn.

Hi, welcome and good luck. I have been trying to uniform my cubs by donations and have been having some good luck. If I get some extras in I will send them your way. So far everything I have received has gone to my boys and was mostly in the blue not the tan. I will keep you in mind when I get some more.

Kristi

Uniform Closet

c/o Kristi Cantor

PO BOX 1111

Kodak Tn 37764