National Jamboree Patch Location

The BSA uniform inspection sheet for Male Scouters states that on the Right Pocket. Jamboree insignia (only one) worn above BSA or interpreter strip. That's it. The picture shows the circular patch worn centered horizontally above the right pocket above the the BOY SCOUTS of AMERICA strip, interpreter strip (FRANCAIS), VENTURE strip, and name tag (JEFFREY BROWN). I've seen experienced Jamboree attendees wear their patch very high up and more to the outside of their shirt (wearer's right). Does anyone if Jamboree attendees (as leaders or scouts of a contingent troop) get a formal name tag and if so the size? I'd hate to sew the Jambo patch on and not have enough room for the ID tag or the converse, have much "white space" between the Jambo patch, name tag and BSA strip. Comments?

acco40,

the jambo name tags I have received at past Jamborees are 1" x 3.5". I have seen Scouters who attended the 2001 Jamboree wearing name tags of the same dimensions. On my uniforms I have a 1" gap between the top of my interpreter strip and the bottom of my Jamboree patch. The 1" accomodates the name tag and looks good when I don't wear a name tag. My jambo patches are centered above the pocket.

I would assume that name tags will be issued next year, but have read no formal conformation. Sorry I can't be of more help on that subject.