New Australian Scout Uniform

"AK was right. The head shed asked non Scouts what turned them off Scouting. Uniform was high on the list. This isn't to say that by changing the uniform they would join."

I've seen this happen more than once in other organizations.

"AK was right. The head shed asked non Scouts what turned them off Scouting. Uniform was high on the list. This isn't to say that by changing the uniform they would join."

I've seen this happen more than once in other organizations.

The way I see it the scout uniform should be pretty constant. If somebody isn't willing to join scouts because they don't want to look like a scout, do we really need them? Mabey we could win them over if they were willing to give it a try, but really are we hurting that bad for members?

I say a campaign hat should be our hat. Those baseball caps never looked that good. In fact, they look downright dorky and don't really help promote the classic scout image everybody associates with the BSA. Second, durable heavy denim like pants with a normal waist and pockets would be fine by me. Heck, I really wouldn't mind breeches as being an option still. Third, I wouldn't shed a tear if we went back to an epulet-less green shirt again. But really, the campaign hat is what everyody associates the scouts with, and I think it should be promoted more.