Wooden Tags

I am trying to find a source for, and instructions on how to make the wooden name tags that hand from the right shirt pocket flap button. The kind I mean are the little square flat wooden name badges.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

While I havn't seen the ones you ae talking about it should be easy to make them up.

I would think some 1/8" stock(try the hobby shops but don't get balsa). mark out the pattern. cut the hole for the button with a router fitted with a "keyhole" bit. Do the holes first as it will be easier to handle the larger piece of wood. then cut out the tag. Next you could either stamp or burn the names into the wood and apply finish.

Another option I've seen is to printout names on the computer in mirror image and then use that as an iron on transfer on a piece of wood. Just line up the printout and hit it with a hot iron(no Steam). The print comes off and then you just need to cut, glue a pin on the back and finish. For these a spray finish works best as it avoids streaking with a brush.

HTH

Another option Owl62 would be to make a wooden nameplate to adhere in the correct uniform position above the right pocket flap, in order to leave the right pocket available for displaying temporary activity patches. A good way to do this is with a magetic badge mount.

Bob White

Those were originally released for use during Wood Badge. You wore an unadorned leader uniform. The only sewn on badges added were the troop 1 numeral and your patrol medallion, a temporary patch was not worn. Today's Wood Badge course does not require the participant to remove any correctly diplayed insignias.

I'm not saying the name badge cannot be worn on the pocket, but it then eliminates any way to display a temorary patch. By using the designated areas that is not an issue. I was just offering an option, it's no big deal.

Bob White(This message has been edited by Bob White)