CE uniform and unit numbers questions

Hi all,

I recently became a volunteer and I purchased the adult Supplex nylon short sleeve shirt and the Supplex pants with the ankle zips for boots. Can anyone tell me if this is the centennial uniform or not (or if only part of it is)? Also, what numeral colors are supposed to go on this shirt (red/white or khaki/green)?

Thank you.

Yes that is an example of the centennial uniform. There were a few different versions and fabrics used.

The color of the numerals is determined by the unit type: tan/green for troops and teams, red/white for packs (and crews on the green uniform). Even if it's an older shirt, I'd still say wear the tan/green for a troop position, unless the numbers were already on there.

Actually the convertible pants with the ankle zips are 1st generation convertibles and go with the ODL uniform, not the CU. CU's are a shade darker. Biggest problem with those pants is that they are way to big waist wise.

As 00Eagle said, Tan and greens for Boy Scout and Varsity Scout, red and whites for Cub Scouts and Venturers. Sea Scouts officially don't wear numbers anymore, although many ships still use the white on blue, or blue on white numbers, depending upon the uniform worn,

BUT back to the CUs, according to the literature that came out with the CU in May 2008, info on the uniforms came out before the Aug 1, 2008 release of the uniform and May 2009 release of the Insignia Guide, all items of the CUs and old ODLs are interchangeable. So you could wear those read and whites if you were a Boy Scout leader.

• 2 weeks later...