2006 summer camp started for Scout group Marjan from Split, Croatia.

The camp takes place in Scout center Rakov jarak Fuzine , and it will last 17 days.

It would be just another camping in our 50-years history, but this year we anonunced something completely new: Camping on-line.

On our Groups website www.sk-marjan.hr , parents have possibility to see daily reports on whats going on in Camp, with lots of photos, daily schedules, place for leaving messages and many other useful things.

All reports are written by scouts applying for Journalist badge.

The site is all in Croatian, indeed, but you can drop-in just to get the picture.

If youd like to make a comment, sign in as gost, password gost, and look for Guestbook - Knjiga utisaka.

Great idea.

I have to admit that you had me scared for a second. I thought that you had come up with some way of going camping from your computer, and that you didn't need the outdoors anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's all over now!

It was pretty hard job to do, but reactions are fantastic. In 17 days we had more than 7000 visits on our site. Parents, friends, relatives were online all the time. Great publicity!

There's a funny story to tell. One of our scouters, third day of the camp broke her leg, so she had nothing else to do for the rest of the camp but just sitting around. So we made a column for her where she reported her view every 5-10 minutes. Every day, starting around 8 AM, finshing in late evening.

Well, she made parents really adicted to web! :-)

We were joking that she had set up "CNN" standards that just can't be beaten. So we are preparing a baseball bat for her leg for the next summer camp. :-)

It's important to notice that kids were practically unaware of computers, so for them it was normal, not "hi-tech" camping. They wrote their reports and messages on paper, and all the "dirty" job was done by adults.