HI Folks!

I have provided answers to all sorts of questions in the past, now I'm looking to those I trust to do a "reality check" with. There is a rumor in our council (a couple of DEs and volunteers saying one thing, the SE and some volunteers saying the opposite) Please let me know. I've checked my resources, and I see no changes, but then out here on the left coast things take longer to get to us. Anyway, here goes...

If a Scout (let's say he is 1st Class) transfers from his troop into a Venture Crew can he finish up his Eagle? I'm looking for NEW information, or lack there of, to support this question. Those that are saying "no" are saying it's a brand new thing.

Thanks for your help. (I'm trying to shorten my post, and keep my opinion seperate, please weigh in if you have NEW information) YIS

I am fairly new back to scouting (Oct 94) and everything I have heard or read says that a First Class scout may complete his Eagle in Venture. I try to stay well informed and i have not heard anything to the contrary. I even talked about this subject at the Wood Badge course I attended last month. One of the Asst. Scoutmasters for the course is a Venture leader and confirmed that Eagle can be completed in Venture given that the boy is First Class when he joins.

Yes, a boy can finish his Eagle in a Venture Crew if he is at least First Class when he joins. Yes, a boy can be registered in a troop and venture crew at the same time.

yes he can earn eagle as explained below. This is nothing new, its been like this since the start of venturing.

Any male Venturer who has achieved the First Class rank as a Boy Scout in a troop or Varsity Scout in a team may continue advancement toward Star, Life and Eagle Scout ranks up to his 18th birthday.

He must meet the requirements as prescribed in the official Boy Scout Handbook and the current Boy Scout Requirements book.

The Venturer may fulfill leadership requirements by serving as president, vice president, secretary, or treasurer of his crew, or as boatswain, boatswain's mate, yeoman, purser, or storekeeper for his ship.

The Scoutmaster conference will be conducted by the Advisor or Skipper.

As the Venturer meets requirements for the Star and Life ranks, a board of review will be conducted by the crew or ship committee.

The Eagle board of review should follow the procedures established by the local council.