Who decides who will earn Eagle Scout?

I trying ask what are the reasons others give you that 14 year olds should not be eagles?

If it's true that a scout is less mature at 14 than he is at 17, how do you justify him worthy of the eagle at 14?

You see, the justification for waiting until the scout is older is that he has more time and experience to build the character expected of Eagle scouts. Makes sense to a lot of folks, so how do you explain your program?

Barry

I trying ask what are the reasons others give you that 14 year olds should not be eagles?

The reasons Ive heard ranged from hes too young to understand it to theres no way he really did all those requirements and everything in between. Of course, none of that matters. BSA provides the requirements to reach Eagle. If the Scout has completed them, case closed.

If it's true that a scout is less mature at 14 than he is at 17, how do you justify him worthy of the eagle at 14?

Whether its true or not, show me the requirement that states a 14 yr old Eagle must possess the maturity of a 17 yr old. Bear in mind, some 14 yr olds may display more maturity than some 17 yr olds. Is there a national standard of maturity were supposed to applying? When did BSA approve that?

How do I justify him worthy? Hmmm, I use the BSA handbook what would you suggest I use?

You see, the justification for waiting until the scout is older is that he has more time and experience to build the character expected of Eagle scouts. Makes sense to a lot of folks, so how do you explain your program?

The only justification for waiting is because the Scout is moving at his own speed.

What exactly is this character expected of Eagle Scouts you speak of? Sounds like an additional requirement to me, or can you provide a handbook and page reference?

Since I use the BSA program theres no need to explain it, BSA has already done that.

Now, if youll do me the honor of answering my question. Are you suggesting that 14 yr olds cannot or should not be Eagles?

Well then Id like to say thankyou on behalf of the group and myself and I hope we passed the audition.

Sheeesh, does this mean Unc, ljnrsu, johndaingler, and I (a non-evil, non-Eagle) are back on base?

Kevin just turned 12 and has a sign on his bedroom wall. 16=Eagle. He will complets his Star in June and wants to complete Life before he is 13. He said that gives him three full years to complete Eagle. I honestly think he will be Eagle before 15. But that will be up to him.