I have a scout who is heavy into musical theater and drama. He wants to do his Eagle project somehow combining Scouts and Theater. I really don't want to stiffle his creativity, but we are having difficulties comming up with a project that wouldn't be a "fundraiser". Any suggestions?

I dont know what size community you are in, but the Eagle candidate could see if he could find an orphanage or perhaps a shelter for the homeless and organize a party or show, either 4th of July or Christmas depending on his schedule or somehting and then recruit cast, crew and assemble what interests you as a show

Good luck on your project

I meant a workshop that might last a few hours where kids coulod learn some stage skills done in a fun way at a kids level. It could be done at a park say during the 4th of July.

I would rather not go into details because it is not my project, I don't mind planting the seed but the candidate should do the nurturing. Ask him what parts of theater might excite a child's imagination?

The candidate you mention could write, produce and direct a morality play, musical, or other educational production and arrange to have it broadcast on local cable access and make copies for area chartered partners, libraries, or other educational institutions.

A kid in my troop did something similar when I was SPL -- he made a tape with lots of volunteers that aired on cable access showing first aid training.

A little imagination on the part of the Eagle Candidate will go far.

Best of luck!

Unc.

He could do a play for a nursing home.

Kevin is working on Star but is already thinking about his Eagle project. Two months ago our campus police officer had a heart attach and died at school. It seems no one knew CPR. It is going to try and get the school board to ok having a CPR course twice a year. I don't know it the SB will let him but it is up to him to find out. The other he wants to do it record books onto take for a local nursing home. My brother is in a nursing home and one of the complaints we hear from people it they can't read any longer. They simply can't see the small printing. There again. It is up to him to figure out what he is going to do, then get it done.