Venture Patrol Pamphlets???

Hello,

We have started a Venture Patrol in our troop.

It is my understanding that each VP member can earn the V letter by doing one of the 14 Venture Patrol programs as defined in the Venture pamphlets. (see bottom of this site -- http://users.tznet.com/~troop379/litlib~1.htm )

After "lettering" in one of the programs the scout also gets an associated pin to place on the V.

For each additional program the scout completes they get another pin to place on the V. (see http://www.usscouts.org/advance/boyscout/Venture.html )

The problem I am having is finding the pamplets to get the scouts moving so they can earn their letters and pins. I have contacted the local trading post and they said the pamphlets are no longer being printed.

Can anyone tell me where to get them, or can they make copies to send to me?

Thanks,

Alan Garbers

Martinsville, IN

As someone that has done lots with Venture Patrols and Varisty Patrols as well as Crews & Teams... let me tell you what happens in my Council.

The Venture and Varsity Patrol program was merged and is now just listed as Varsity Patrol information. The Letter is now only for Varsity Patrols or Varsity Teams (remember a Team is a seperate unit like a Pack or a Troop). I called the distribution office and asked if I could order Varsity Letters and was told that yes I could and the clerk was nice enough to offer to send me Varsity pins to go with that letter. My local office also stocks several Varisty Program books.

Hope this helps!

OK. I think I might be making headway. If I understand correctly, the Venture pamphlets have been replaced with the Varsity Team Program Features Volumes 1-3. And the Venture Patrol members would wear the Varsity V and pins as they complete the programs.

Can anyone tell me if this is incorrect, let me know.

Thanks,

Alan