New guy...finally!

Hello, I'm Dan. Like many others I have been trying to sign up for many months now, it's good to finally have registered. I've learned a lot from just lurking, I'm finishing up my 2nd year as Cubmaster for my son's Pack, he is a Bear and I will be taking over his Webelos den in May.

See ya around!

Thank Kudu!

I've been trying to join for months too. With a little detective work, I emailed Kudu (Rick) via his website www.inquiry.net (which is awesome, btw) and he forwarded my request to one of the moderators (packsaddle?). Anyways, they got the new registration working again.

Hello Danno439,

So, what kind of program do you have planned for your Webelos Den?

My personal bias would be to get in contact with at least one and ideally several nearby troop-s and schedule outings with the troops when they have outings suitable for your Weberlos, and to conduct some of your den meetings as part of Boy Scout Troop meetings where your Webelos Den would function like a visiting patrol.

Also, I'd be looking at participating in District activities like Camporee and Klondike which often have separate competitions for Webelos Scouts.

Webelos can be a great year for boys if the WDL looks for ne and exciting age appropriate activities for boys to do and avoids making Webelos another year of Cub Scouts.