Finally! You let me join

I've been trying to join since October. Finally I can share my thoughts. I have learned so much from this forum.

I am a new ACM with a Tiger Cub son in the pack. We are an old pack and after a few years of decline, we are progressing very well due to some great parents.

Through this forum I have come out of the closet as a member of the uniform police (not for the kids, but the adults) and my catch phrase has become "the necker goes OVER the collar" :).

I am excited that I get to wear the uniform again. Now I can afford official pants!

When I was a scout it was the first year of the odl's but I wore my cousin's stanfordized pants that were too short.

I now have a full uniform as does my son and I'm always on the hunt for used shirts so no boy will be without.

Thanks for creating this forum, I am glad to finally be here.

Sorry you had difficulty getting to join the forum ! I assure you it wasn't me that wouldn't let you join.. I am one who pretty much lets anyone join. :)

Wow you and your son are just at the beginning of the path ! How I envy you.. I hope you both enjoy your years in scouting, and your years of having a common interest through scouting.

Yeah, I'm aware of that policy but my theory is if you want your necker to look like a bolo, wear a bolo. I tuck my collar in too. I also sometimes sport a garison cap or a campaign hat. I know it's not official since I am a cub leader and as someone who is a stickler for uniforms this makes me a hypocrite but I have an ugly head and a ballcap just doesn't distract people from that enough.