Where you hail from?

I'm not exactly new, but I never really said hi either. Moreover, I see a lot of frequent posters but can't say I know much about y'all. I'm more interested in which council you serve with, and maybe your experience in Scouting.

I'm from Mid-America Council. Rose from Wolf Scout (97) to Doofer (01) to ASM. How 'bout you?

...Also hi.

Welcome, chaoman. Not to be rude, but a lot of us prefer the anonymity of the forum, which can lead to more open discussions. There is a scouter.com Facebook page, if you want to reveal your true identity and learn more about some of us. On the other hand, some may not care!

Papadaddy, "Not to be rude, but a lot of us prefer the anonymity of the forum, which can lead to more open discussions."

Not to be rude, but if you want your thoughts, ideas, and opinions to be taken serious, anonymity is not the way to go, and it does not lead to more open discussions.

As for me.

I have been an adult leader since 1982. Have held many positions in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts at both unit and district level. I'm a proud member of The Ore-Ida Scout Council have been since 1984. I attended Boy Scout Wood Badge in 1989 (Fox Patrol), and Cub Scout Train the Trainer Wood Badge in 1990 (Antelope Den). Awarded the Silver Beaver in 2001. OA vigil member and associate lodge advisor (Treasure). And I'm currently serving on the district advancement committee.

You guys can put your council info in the oft unused Profile.

I know I have the public profile info in mine but it's not showing up... or being saved :( .(This message has been edited by dg98adams)(This message has been edited by dg98adams)

@Papadaddy - Some people might like anonymity, sure. But I wouldn't think at least listing a council would be too excessively intrusive.

@Gary - I've always wanted to visit OR sometime. Seems like a nice area.

@dg - That was my issue also.

I ain't a-feared, and besides it has been on here before. I am fairly new to scouting having spent one year as a Tiger partner, one year as ACM and currently beginning my sentence as Committee chair. I hail from the great state of New Hampshire and the entire state makes up the fabulous Daniel Webster Council. :)

Hailing from the great and mighty state of Delaware, and thus the Del-Mar-Va Council.

Been in the same council my whole Scouting career. Cubs and Boy Scouts, camp staff for five years, OA chapter chief lodge vice-chief, Vigil honor member, now a campmaster at my local council camp.

@dg - Ditto. I was able to put my profile info in, but then couldn't update it after that.(This message has been edited by shortridge)

• 2 months later...

I was a Cub and Boy Scout in suburban Chicago. I was an Air Explorer, Based at O'hare. I'm in Minnesota now.

I was a Bear den leader with my first son, became a Troop Chaplain (ASM,) was a WEBELOS den leader with my second son, became Scoutmaster, and was a Tiger den Leader with my third son. I've been to National Camping School twice, Aquatics Director and Aquatics Director recert. I'm a Wood Badge Bobwhite, and Brotherhood OA. I recently became a Unit Commissioner.

I don't understand the unwillingness to use the Profile, but then, I don't hate my DE, despise Wood Badge, or insist that every Scout troop conform to the 1910 model at 300 feet.

Jay

pchadbo: So Yankee Clipper Council has dissolved and the Salem, NH area is now part of DWC? That's news to me. (chuckle)

As for me, not afraid to post my name once (Scott Bernier).

Eagle Scout

I have served at the troop level in NH (Plymouth T56); Lubbock, TX (South Plains Council) and Winslow, Maine (Pine Tree Council).

Up to this past spring I had served as the Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner for Kennebec Valley District, PTC (ten yrs). I'm now on the RT staff. I've also been a District "Member at Large" for the past ten years. I've served on numerous district events over the years. Come to one of our OA events and you'll find me on the kitchen crew. I'm very thankful that when I was called out for Vigil that my Vigil name did Not translate to "Galley Slave". :)

I have never attended a US National Jamboree, but I have attended a Canadian one (2001, PEI) and served on the staff of a regional Canadian one (1999-Maritime Jambo, NB).

That's probably enough for now.(This message has been edited by moxieman)

Hi...

Started BS in Fitchburg, MA (2nd class Scout), moved to CA where I joined LAPD Explorers (until 1977), Started Adult Leader in 1978 (SA/CA), moved to CT (DL/ADL/WL/CM/MC), got out for about 5 years, Moved to Bay area CA (WL/CSDC-PD), moved to Panama, RP (MC/RTC/SA), moved to OR (SA), moved to Dallas area (didn't want a Yankee), moved to Korea (RTC/MC), moved to El Paso, TX (DAC/DOC*/RTC/UC/MC at large).

*not sure if DOC is proper for District Outdoor Chair

Rick

Hi...

Started BS in Fitchburg, MA (2nd class Scout), moved to CA where I joined LAPD Explorers (until 1977), Started Adult Leader in 1978 (SA/CA), moved to CT (DL/ADL/WL/CM/MC), got out for about 5 years, Moved to Bay area CA (WL/CSDC-PD), moved to Panama, RP (MC/RTC/SA), moved to OR (SA), moved to Dallas area (didn't want a Yankee), moved to Korea (RTC/MC), moved to El Paso, TX (DAC/DOC*/RTC/UC/MC at large).

Rick

Hi...

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Cub Scout Pack 235 -->North East Cape Fear District ---> Cape Fear Council of North Carolina

I never was a Cub or Boy Scout when I was younger. Either there wasn't a pack in my home town or they were in the secret cub scout service.

I became cubMaster last year after the former CM, the CC and COr approched ma about taking the position.

I am also a MBC for our district as well as a member of district committee and Council Camp promotor for the Cub Scouts of our district.