I can't find the answer to this question anywhere - not on the Immediate Recognition Kit nor the Bear handbook: Will I award my new bears a red bead when they complete each of the four sections (God, Country, Family, Self), or do they get a bead each time they complete 25% of their Bear requirements (3 achievements).

Thanks for the help!

TD

My understanding is that the beads are awarded one for every four achievements completed, regardless of the catagory. I don't have anything in writing in front of me, but that's the way we've always done it.

As long as you are providing the boys the interim recognition, I don't suppose it really makes any difference, as long as you are consistent.

Thanks Bob, I bet you didn't even have to look those page numbers up! Last question (unrelated): Is there a way to receive posts via email for scouter.com? I get emails related to my threads or the threads I mark to watch, but wondering if there is a way to monitor specific forums? TD

No need for that to be the last question. There is a link just above the top right hand corner of the first post in a thread that says "monitor this thread by e-mail". I have not used it in some time and according to another thread at this time it is not working.

And yes, I did have to look up the page #. The knowledge is not in memorizing the page but in knowing where to look. :)