Changing merit badge requirements?

Bob White said, " If you had talked to Terry Lawson the Director of Boy Scout Advancement or if you attend leadership training, you will learn that, with a doctors verification of the medical condition restricting a scout from completeing a requirement a merit badge can be modified or replaced with an alternate badge in order to meet the advancement needs of the individual scout."

I can't find anything about this in the Advancement Committee P&P book. Is it published in one of BSA's secret documents?

"If you have a permanent physical or mental disability, you may become an Eagle Scout by qualifying for as many required merit badges as you can and qualifying for alternative merit badges for the rest. If you seek to become an Eagle Scout under this procedure, you must submit a special application to your local council service center. Your application must be approved by your council advancement committee before you can work on alternative merit badges." This statement is from Boy Scout Requirements 2004.

FOG, I was agreeing with you, just pointing out what and where the info was gotten from. The front of the manual for requirements also states:

"Requirements. You are expected to meet the requirements as they are stated-no more and no less. You are expected to do exactly what is stated in the requirements. If it says "show or demonstrate." that is what you must do. Just telling about it isn't enough. The same thing holds true for such words as "make," "list," and "in the field," "collect," "identify,"and "label.""

The manual also states what exact steps must be taken, what documentation is needed and in what order to do the steps.

BAS

On Sunday, 4/4/2004: 3:48:04 PM in the thread titled

Problems with Charter Organization Bob White posted the following:

Since I do not have my copy of the Advancement Policies at this time I called the person I lent that to and found I was in wrong on a portion of what I shared.

Where I was mistaken was that requirements within the badge could be altered. What happens is an alternate merit badge is approved by the national advancement committee. The conditions for this are outlined in the Advancement Committee Policies and Procedures manual.

So, Mr White admits he was wrong, can we move on?