It seems that many Eagle Scout candidates, especially ones pushing 18, have at least one parent nagging him constantly. My son was no exception. Well, as of last night, the nagging is over! My oldest made Eagle!

I have been proud of every single guy in our Troop who has made Eagle in the last 7 years. But I was knocked off my feet by how much more intense that pride is now that is is my son. I can't possibly express how I feel.

I do know that my son, my family, and especially I owe a tremendous amount to the Boy Scout program. He will be afforded significant opportunities because of his experience in Scouts. And I have had the chance to spend time with him that I'm not sure I otherwise would have becuase of our ties to Scouting.

Thanks have to be given to his Scoutmaster, a number of other adult leaders in our Troop, his many friends in Boy Scouts, his family, and particularly his mother.

And, I guess I've probably jumped the gun on ending the nagging. I've got a 14 year old Star Scout too!

Thanks for letting me brag a bit!

Mark