here is cut and paste from googles warning

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for scouter.com

What is the current listing status for scouter.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 490 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 23 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-05-12, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-05-12.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including statsl.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS32014 (FASTROOT).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, scouter.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.

* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Updated 4 hours ago

2008 Google - Google Home

I thought it was my machine. Only seems to be on my laptop (I'm on an old desktop now.) I've been on chat with Norton all morning. It seems to have been going on since sometime yesterday. I started to post something, but I figured I'd wait for someone who know more about it that I -- which is generally most everyone.

here is my virus softwares warning

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at www.scouter.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

In the past this has usually turned out to be one of the sites hosted by scouter.com, and not the main scouter.com pages themselves.

You can see the last thread on this topic: http://www.scouter.com/forums/viewThread.asp?threadID=288336

where SCOUTER-Terry saidThe warning is because one of the thousands or free web hosting accounts that we provide on this site for Scout units got hijacked and a phishing scam was upload to that area. It was completely non-threatening to any site visitor, unless that went to that URL (http://host.scouter.com/ny/torr/____, which has now been deleted). Unfortunatley, many times a unit abandons the free site, or someone creates one under false pretences. It's difficult to police... but anything that is loaded into those sites is of no real consequence to visitors to the forum, and Norton was warning you that just some part of the site may have had a problem. It's a harmless warning.

Yeah, I got that message. I'm using a newly formatted surplus notebook with abosolutely nothing on it so let 'em attack.

If I could ever get my hands on one of these perps I'd have to think hard about my opposition to torture.

I've also noticed that a bot or some other malicious piece of software has gotten into the site and added:

kmono.com >book

and

ksoco.com >book

Throughout the site. They're undoubtedly spam links.

Scouter Terry can deny it all he wants, that does not make him correct. Once last week while on the forum my local machine was attacked by a malware virus scan of the type that was trying to get me to install a fake anti-virus program. I closed that tab and moved on which ended the attack.

FWIW internet forums are currently under siege by corp. spammers from India, Russia, and the far east and have been for the past several months. They are now successful in cracking human verification programs such as reCapthca and creating user accounts. In addition to scouting I also Admin a woodworking forum and see these attacks daily. Most of the time the attack is just harmless, but bothersome spam.

I hear ya. I run one of the largest paintball websites in the US and more than 99% of the accounts created daily are from spambots primarily originating from APNIC or Russia. I've gone to a manual confirmation which requires my moderator team to parse through more than 300 accounts a day. If we're lucky 5 of those are legit.

Yes, I've been away for this very reason. Last I was here, a cover page appeared that declared my machine was infected with mucho bad stuff, and it TRIED to look like a legit windows page, but the weird grammar was my tipoff. "many virus in attack machine" and such.

it was a dotczdotcc www2dothardguardwhg site. Beware.

All appears okay now, Norton spent about an hour and a half rescanning the whole machine.