R.I.P. Colonel Charles Murray, Medal of Honor, Eagle Scout

The Passing Of An American Hero, Aug 12,2011 by Waring Hills

"Today I was saddened to learn of the death of Colonel Charles Murray, United States Army (Retired). Here is a reposting of a story I did about him and scouting drawn from his World War II experiences a few years ago. Its a two-part story and I hope you enjoy itit illustrates the character and strength of our armed forcesa free people led by free men with outstanding training and educationbut most of allgood men. Charles Murray was an Eagle Scout and the purpose of scouting is not to make boys into presidents, governors, CEOs or successful menits purpose is just to make good Men. Charles Chuck Murray who grew up in Wilmington, NC, was not only a successful Army officer and Medal of Honor recipienthe was a good man..."

http://cv10navalaviator.wordpress.com/2011/08/12/the-passing-of-an-american-hero/

(Wiki)For his WW2 service, he also received three Silver Stars, two Bronze Stars with Valor device, a Purple Heart, and the Combat Infantryman Badge. He also served in the Korean and Vietnam wars.

"...the purpose of scouting is not to make boys into presidents, governors, CEOs or successful menits purpose is just to make good Men."

Scout salute.

I wasn't aware of Charles Murray, so I have added him to the list of Eagle Scouts who were awarded the Medal of Honor:

Aquilla J. Dyess

Robert Edward Femoyer

Eugene B. Fluckey

Charles P. Murray, Jr.

Mitchell Paige

Benjamin L. Salomon

Leo K. Thorsness

Jay Zeamer, Jr.