Hey Everyone-

Hi! I'm recently out of the Army, and started getting back into Scouting through volunteering with my local troop. I found this forum and decided that it's got a lot of good resources for dealing with the issues that Scouting Leaders frequently encounter, but don't usually have someone else to talk with about.

As mentioned, my background is that I was in the Army--I went to West Point right out of high school, served as an Infantry platoon leader in Afghanistan with the 82nd Airborne, then learned Intelligence and Operations in Iraq. I'm headed back to business school in the fall, and in the meantime am helping a local district and troop in various capacities.

So, thanks for your attention- I look forward to learning from you all, and with luck being able to contribute some of my experiences and background in organizations, leadership, and anything else. Don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have questions about any of my experiences or if I can contribute some value to your unit.

Paul Lukehartp.lukehart@gmail.comhttp://www.scoutspirit.com

Hello Paul,

Congratulations on your achievements and thank you for your service. I hope your troop and district make you welcome and find some ways to put your skills and experience to work and on display for Scouts and Scouters.

Can you tell us something about your Scouting history and how that may have impacted the decisions you have made?

I just recently read a book that detailed the experiences of the USMA Class of 1962 (I think it was) --- a very grim and grinding war time experience for many. The long wars we have been involved in recently sound like they have placed extraordinary demands on many in the military. I hope you have been able to maintain an even strain when confronted by the many challenges you have no doubt confronted.

Welcome

Thank-you very much for your service in the Army and now in Scouting.. Hopefully scouting will be an easier mission.. I am sure our scouts will be great, it's some of our parents who might have you re-enlisting.. :) (just joking)(This message has been edited by moosetracker)