Action needed - how to proceed?

The dad is not registered with the troop, but is registered as a MB Counselor. I do intend to alert our District Advancement Chairman.

Yes, do call the DAC. The DAC needs to reinforce the "no 1-on-1 contact" rule with the Districts' MB Counselors. If an incident happens in the future, then the DAC should conveniently omit MBC renewal from this man, or should go the full YP procedure of contacting the SE.

There are some who would say that since this man is a registered Scouter (albeit with the District as a MBC), you need to report this to the SE and let him decide on YP issues. I think I'd have a quiet cup of coffee with your DE, without names, before you make that decision.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking along those lines. Unfortunately, we're between DE's right now. I do know the SE, although not well - our paths have crossed a number of times (always on good terms)...I'll definitely be contacting the DAC.

When you are wrong you just have to admit it.

I posted that this was going to get ugly and battle lines would drawn, sides taken within the committee. This seems to have been avoided in your committee. Congratulations on having a good group of folks.