New from out of Weare, New Hampshire

So in the fall I'll have been in scouting for a solid 15 years.

My mother has been on the forum for a while son of you may have seen her posts as MooseTracker. And Ive been interested in getting on but just never got around until yesterday. I finally got the kick in the pants when my mother posted about the idiocy of my troop yesterday and I wanted to post on it. (For more info the thread is called The Runaway train).

Any way I have been the Outdoor Coordinator right up till last night. I also sit on the advancement board for my district and am a district trainer. I have taken wood badge and received my beads. I also am and Eagle Scout and a Brotherhood Member of the Order of the Arrow.

I am currently going to college for welding and wish to own my own welding and blacksmithing shop in the future. My hobbies include motorcycling, Scouts, Blacksmithing, swimming, and hanging out with my fiance.

I am famous for being truthfully honest and straight forward. Im gonna tell it to yha like it is. I Strive to live by the Scout Law, Oath, motto, AND slogan. Though it could be better at times Ill admit but nobody is perfect.

I love the scouting program and wish everything for the boys if I can help in any posts I will try to do that as I hope others will do the same for me.

Oh sure, tell them where we live.. Forget Anonymity.. Now everyone I took potshots at on the forums can hunt me out & shoot me down.. :) (Well we have had other paranoid types, like the guy who couldn't spell or punctuate.. Who said he was masking his writing intentionally so that we couldn't figure out who he was.)

Its a town not a name.....and Im not the only person to put a town name on. Besides these are scouters there shouldnt really be an issue and if there was Weare is still the 3rd biggest land massed town in New Hampshire good luck finding us.

:p So thats what I say to you.

(This message has been edited by MoosetheItalianBlacksmith)

Welcome aboard. We're not all a bunch of axe-wielding murderers here...or so I hope. :)

I won't tell people where Weare is, but I've been through there a long time ago back in my college days in NH, but I was active in Wannalancit District, not yours.

OK I will let the cat really out of the bag, I know his mom in real life and know where to find her.

Moxieman, Moosetracker and I are actually both active in the Wannalancit district so you can find her at the roundtable most months!!!!

Sorry moose too good an opportunity to pass up. ;)

Weare is in Wannalancit? Color me surprised. I didn't think that district went much further south than Concord and Pembroke. I could have sworn it was the next district south (Massabesic?).

Then again, as I said, it's been nearly 20 years since I served with Plymouth Troop 56 while attending Party...er...Plymouth State. :) Way back then, Roundtable was the first Monday of the month at I think Franklin High School. Whether or not I attended depended on my homework situation...then again, there were many a district event where I was relied on for transportation, where I'd find a quiet corner after arrival and while the scouts headed off to participate in the event, I'd be studying/doing homework.

You have nothing to fear as you won't see me "stalking" you anytime soon. 1. It hasn't been required for either First or Second Class since the days when my father was a scout in the 50's. :) 2. It's over a 3 hour drive one-way--it would make for an awfully short night for me prior to going to work the following morning. (chuckle)

I briefly glanced at the troop internal politics turmoil thread you three are involved in. Good luck as all I can say on that.

I brought-up the axe-wielding murderer thing because of my mother-in-law. (chuckle) My wife and I met through a creative writing group we participated in on the Internet. She moved cross-country to be with me. The first time I had met her mother and father, my (future) wife couldn't get time off from work. (Her folks flew up from out-of-state to visit.) So, I got to play tourist guide for them, showing them around Maine during fall foliage. We were on our way to the western mountains when (then) future mother-in-law quipped: "I guess you're not an axe-wielding murderer." :)

Yeah, at the time the disfunctional troop was functional.. and our surrounding area troops were disfunctional..

Now we have moved on to work on the district committee, but stayed involved in the Wannalancit district.. Bow, the next town over currently has a vey nice troop and is in Wannalancit, so from that there are a few of us district jumpers..