Kind of like a kid waiting for Christmas, I've been really looking forward to taking a new catamaran out on the water.

Last weekend I was ordered by HWMBO that we had to attend a graduation party.

While of course I'm happy that kids I know do make it through school,I'm not that keen on Graduation Parties.

Seems to me that the kids don't really want us old folks there, the old folks don't know that many of he kids who are there. I' just as soon write a check stick it in a Hallmark card and be done.

But of course the parents of the Graduate had attended OJ's graduation and his ESCOH,so I was duty bound to go.

This weekend I went to an ESCOH.

I didn't really know much about the Lad getting his Eagle Scout,he was just joining the Pack as a Tiger Cub, when I was moving on. His family are great. Dad drove OJ to the last Jamboree, when both of them were on staff. Mum was one of the best Den Leaders, when I was CM. She went on to serve on the District Committee doing a wonderful job with P/R when I was District Chair. His older brother served for a while as Boatswain when we first started the Ship.

I wasn't sure what uniform to wear. So I put on a Boy Scout uniform with a District Committee patch. I wore my WB beads and my Silver Beaver, only when I put the Beaver on did it hit me that I hadn't wore it in over 3 years.

To be very honest, now days I very rarely ever wear a uniform, I think this might be the third time this year!!

Over the last holiday weekend a great pal of mine had invited us to his home for a cook-out.

He has worked for our Council for a very long time. (Other than a very short stint in New Jersey, about 32 years!) He works as the Council Program Director and over the summer as the Reservation Director for the Scout Camp and the Cub Scout Camp.

He'd given me the low down about camp this year; how many were signed up, who was coming back on staff, who wasn't returning. What problems he thought he might and might not have.

I was pleased about a lot of the people he named.

Yesterday at the ESCOH, I was overjoyed to see Sarah.

I knew that she was going to be the Water Front Director this year. But seeing her and talking with her was just great.

I sat next to her for the meal that followed the ceremony.

Sarah before she took of for college had been the most wonderful Sea Scout that any Skipper could wish for, just a really super nice kid. The type of kid that made me at times wish that I'd had a daughter.

We talked about camp and she asked if my ears had been burning? It seems that my name has come up a lot with the younger members of the camp staff.

The Camp Director is a great Lad who I have watched grow. He was a Scout who went to the 2001 Jamboree with me.

The Lad who got homesick and missed his dog! (I let him use my phone to call home and he was fine) He was my 3rd ASM for the last Jamboree. The Pathfinder Program Director was a Scout who went with me to the 2005 Jamboree, he has come a long way! Back in 2005 we spent a lot of time going over knots, when he wasn't able to tie a Taut-line Hitch.

The Assistant Ranger is also an Ex-Sea Scout.

Even the Camp Commissioner, a really nice older fellow is a man who had been active many years back, but it wasn't till his Grandson joined the pack that a couple of us selected him to be on the District Committee as Boy Scout Training Chairman. (This fellow received the Silver Beaver this year.)

I don't have the full list of who is on staff at camp this year. I've heard a rumor that the camp nurse can't cover the entire summer and that OJ is going to be her replacement (If the results of his State Boards are out by then.)

My ears weren't burning.

But I do admit to feeling good about having so many of "My" kids and people that I may have helped working with the 1,100 or so Scouts that are going to camp this year.

Maybe there is something after all in this "Leaving A Legacy" stuff?

I'm not sure about that, I do know that right now I'm a very proud little Eamonn.

Ea.