Kinda think we need a heading "Working with Parents".

Anyway.

Just for fun. - Please don't take this to seriously.

Watching ads on TV for some medicines, I get scared when they list what the side effects are.

There was one for some stuff that made your toenails stop being yellow (Not that I have or ever have had yellow toenails) The list of things that might happen scared the bejebbers out of me!

If I remember correctly it listed liver and kidney failure!

Knowing this, if I did have yellow toenails I'd opt to keep them!

If we were to issue a warning to the parents of what might happen when their kid joins Scouts?

What do you think it would say?

(Remembering that this is all in fun and that there is no wrong or right answers.)

Ea.

WARNING:

Enrolling your child in Scouts might result in:

Fatigue from: Working at Fundraisers, Working all week whle preparing to Camp, Camping, Hiking, Traveling to/from Campsites located more than 100 yards apart by foot, Going back to work for a week, Going to an Order of the Arrow weekend (see your practitioner/OA Lodge Chief) for a list of possible deprivations on the OA weekend, going back to work for a week enduring a Mic-O-Say or other local Scouting Society work weekend, Going back to work for a week, Working or Supervising a fundraising or Community Service event, Going back to work for a week and Oh, starting all over again because it's a new month...

Gee I only covered one possible side effect for the parent - and that's without them signing up for a position :) :) :) :)

WARNING:

Enrolling your child in Scouts might result in:

Your child actually understanding the amount of work it takes to accomplish something or what it means to do something until it is actually finished.

Your child gaining the ability to converse with adults.

Your child being exposed to the mores of other families.

Your child coming home and explaining that some of the things your family does needs to change for the better...

Conversely, your child thinking about challenging you on changing somethings about your family does 'cause "Johnny's family does it that way".

(True Story) Your child asking about getting some " "dead babies" (= "Bananas") 'cause there's nothing that stops cramps like the potassium in dead babies. Hey, kids are gross sometimes...

And that's probably without having gone to Summer Camp, :) :) :)

WARNING:

Enrolling your son in scouting might result in:

- him going away for a weekend and coming back tired, smelly, muddy, wet, itchy, hungry

- him wanting to go away for a weekend at the next available opportunity

- him receiving the approval of adults to use knives, saws, axes, matches, charcoal

- him having the desire to read the map and navigate while you are in the family truckster

- him spending a week in the woods where he only wears two pair of underwear (I make them at least change on Wednesday before the parents get there!)

- him giving you a Christmas wishlist that can only be fulfilled at your local outdoor store

- him using a bucket of water and a broom to clean the KYBO in your house

- him using a rake to clean out the fire pit in your living room

- him calling a contractor to install a third sink in your kitchen

- him giving you a "round of applause" when you do something he likes