Hello from Michigan

Hi guys, I've been checking out the forum for awhile and finally decided to join.

I've got a boy just finishing tiger cubs this year and I was "volunteered" to start helping the pack keep track of advancements and events just a couple of weeks ago. I'm really happy to see that there is another source of information outside of my den leadership. They are awesome people but it's great so see a place with so many different and strong opinions that I can disagree with and not have that uncomfortable moment at the next committee meeting :)

I didn't do much Cub scouting so I'm looking forward to learning alot in the next few years. I was pretty active in Boy Scouts as a youth and made it to Life before getting a drivers license and a girlfriend. I stayed active in the troop till 18 but stopped working toward advancement that last couple of years. Who would've thought that years later I'd be more upset about missing out on Eagle than loosing the girl?

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting back into Scouting and learning the adult side of it. I really hope this site becomes a frequent stop on my surfing routes.

Mike

Welcome!

I too was volunteered when my son was a Tiger, only you made out better rhan I did. I went from being an assistant Cubmaster to "help out" where needed to being the soon to be Committee Chairman.

Enjoy the warmth of the virtual campfire, find a comfy chair grab a cuppa your favorite beverage and look around and toss a log on every now and again.

:)

Probably many of the adults in your Troop knew you would be regretting the missed Eagle rank, if not your parents. Maybe you got a few friendly words of advise from some of the leaders.. But, at 16 you don't want to listen, and choose your own path..

But, Life rank is something to be proud of, and you stayed in until 18.. So if you dust off those cobwebs, and brush up a little with some adult level training, I am sure you will be a fine leader to your Pack and maybe graduate on to being one for the troop someday also..

Mike --

Welcome. I was just back in my home state last weekend, checking on mom, and attending the Area 2 Commissioner's College - always good to see old friends.

Have fun at the virtual campfire. No skeeters here!