Appreciation from a Scout

I just had to share this. I got this e-mail from a mom in my Webelos den about something her boy wrote about me. I am sure most of the scouters out there could replace my name with theirs and it would apply equally if some boy they've worked with had happened to write it.

"Hey [name of scouter], you know how the fourth graders had to write an autobiography? Well, [name of boy] wrote about you on his 'Who I Admire' page. I wanted to share with you what he wrote:"

"'I admire the boyscout grownups because they help everyone the best they can. They take us to camp and guide us on trails and lots of other activities. The person who I'm writing about is [name of scouter]. He helps us put up tents and set up camp. He shows us how to do everything when we go camping.... That's who I admire.'"

"Thanks for all that you do! We appreciate it!"

BTW, I hope some of you are taking note of the fact that this boy appreciated being guided, helped and shown how to do things, not having an adult do everything for him.

Sometimes there is also good Karma.

I remember when I started last year I had a young Tiger Scout come up to me and say that he wanted to be an Eagle Scout. I told him that was great and that we needed to work on his Tiger first, but I would help him with what ever he needed.

I look foward to Eagle ceremonies in about 10 years or less. OMG that don't sound that far away.