Men of character will step up to the plate and correct a wrong. Sounds like it's time in that troop.

To think "kids" can't stand up to adults is the #1 problem with the perception that encourages adults shanghai-ing the program in the first place. A scout may be Trustworthy, but he can't be trusted with the program. It's time the "kids" quit following along like a dog on a leash and deal with the problem they are facing. If the SM won't listen, go to the committee, then if they don't listen there's nothing that says they can't go to the CO. If the CO doesn't listen, then it's time to start a new troop with a CO that wishes to promote the BSA program.

If that process means the boys are mutiny-ing, so be it. It's their program.

In a few short years these "kids" will be adults and there's nothing magical about one's 18th birthday. If the boys haven't figured out leadership and dealing on a mature adult level with other adults, then the character building process hasn't been effective.

Stosh

Stosh

I think I am going to bring my tiger (of course by the tail) up to Wiscon. by spring break I might need a rest and you and Eagledad sound like you would enjoy the ride.

Yee haa == just got emails on horseback trip -- when are they studying?

I sometimes wish the boys in our troop would mutiny. Our Troop's current system of "lifetime if you want it" positions and a non involved SM and a CC that doesn't actually do the CC job just isn't working as well as it could. I'm ready to jump ship, that's for sure.