• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you loved sprayable dog poop youll go gaga over edible vomit!

I discovered a recipe online just in time for last years Pack Halloween Party. The boys were delightfully disgusted as I redigested the regurgitation mission accomplished!

YIS

Mike

(Another 12 year old)

Now that I understand what the product is, I find it a lot less funny.

I first was picturing your standard fake dog poop - put it on or near someone's tent, call their attention to it, get the desired reaction, then pick it up - momentary chuckle, no harm, no foul.

Instead, this kid stunk up someone's tent for the whole night. In short, he intentionally ruined someone else's camping experience. I think switching tents for the evening would be a good start for punishment.

Seriously, now for your next LNT seminar, don't forget the "international best seller with over 1 million copies in print"

How to **** in The Woods (2nd revised ed.) by Kathleen Myer 108 pgs.

c.1989,1994 Ten Speed Press

see also Deut. 23:12-13

Yep, auto censor.

(This message has been edited by SSScout)

GW & gunny2862.

Sorry, I will try to find out where. We had an incident this summer with a youth, Council rep. told us that we could not single out youth in front of troop. Something about a suit with the ACLU, didn't want it to possibly cost the unit. Also said Nat. did not approve.

Thanks, Derf.

derf,

I don't doubt that you heard it but I think your Council Rep. is on the same page (although on a different subject)as my Council Rep. who says neither accident nor liability insurance is in effect when traveling unless the Field uniform(Class A) is worn. But can't produce the documentation.

Also if it were true, I've still not ever seen an entire Troop in the complete Field Uniform so the insurance must not ever be in effect for anyone, ever, in this Council.

Look, if you can't individually correct a Scout in public, then how does it get done since you can't be alone with them. At the very minimum it would have to be in sight of another adult.

If the Scout who did this already had a problem in the past, was counseled, was given consequences, and did this then maybe a little group therapy (accountability to the Patrol/consequences for the Patrol) will help line him out I think others call it positive peer pressure - which is hugely different than hazing.

congrats you win the award for best subject on Scouter!!!

I have to digress - there was a thing I think on "the soup" that was talking about the cover of people magazine where Lance Bass says "I'm Gay!!!" - they then said "next weeks cover of people magazine" and it was a bear with the title "yes I s.... in the woods".

Where is Judge Judy when you need her? maybe judge Gold or Beavah???

I think this is really less of a big deal. What is it that the parents of the "affected" want. If they want the tent paid for, pay for it out of pack/troop funds or pay for professional cleaning which I have to think must be available. I am pretty sure legally the person just should be put in the place they were before the incident which means no new tent.

I would talk to the parents of the kid who did it and be down to earth. Just say, look, this is what your kid did. See what the demeanor of the parents it and if they are good folks, they will probably volunteer to clean or have the tent cleaned. If they are bad parents they will probably blame you all. Either way, pack pays, discuss it at the next group meeting and move on.

As Scouters we should all be concerned with the chemicals required and energy consumed in the process to manufacture and distribute fake dog poop. Have we learned nothing from LNT? And Chinese FDP? Please buy American! For just three easy payments of $39.95 plus shipping and handling I will send you real German Shepherd DP, for a year. Act now, and I'll throw in an additional bonus of 3 months. Keep it as your free gift. Sorry, no c.o.d, not available in Washington and Colorado. Complete satisfaction or your money back, less shipping and handling and restocking fee.

On a recent campout some scout sprayed fake dog poop on a troop tent.

Troop tent. Not personal gear! If the tent is destroyed, the destroyer(s) should have to replace it!

Hey we can type turd or poop just not **** !