Must be doing something right

Kids can still surprise me.

A few weeks ago one of the kids in the crew asked if I could say a few words at his Eagle COR and I told him I would be honored. Now I've only known the kid for two years and he comes to most of the crew events and kid will be is getting his Eagle through his troop. I don't consider myself really close to this young man as I am with other members of the crew.

When I'm asked to be a part of Eagle COH's I've been asked to say some words of wisdom or I'm asked to read a part in the ceremony which are all high honors.

But this situation really floored me. Last night I was handed a copy of the COH and found my spot toward the begining where I'm to say a few words about the kid. I thought to myself, this will be easy as this young man is a go getter. I then started reading more of the script and whammo! I find out that I'm to stand with the Scoutmaster and co-present the Eagle...go figure. The water faucet in the eyes started to turn on as read this part.

Moral of the story is, no matter what we do in Scouting, we all have an impact on these kids lives. Just make sure all of the impacts are good!

Cary P

Crew 805 Advisor